I don't know about you but I love to use apps on my phone to help with my everyday life. Here are 5 apps that I love and that are super easy to use.
1. Daily Water - This app I use more in the Summer but I'm pretty sure I should use it all year round. It's simple and fun to use. When you open the app you will see nine actual glasses of water. When you drink a glass of water you click on the glass on the screen and it records how much you drank. The best part is the sound it makes, so make sure you have the sound on. It makes a gulping noise and then a sigh at the end!
You can set a schedule to get reminders, look at your history, view it in chart form, and auto adds to your health app if you want. One of the best features is, when you look at the icon without opening the app it has a little counter of how many glasses of water you drank that day, pretty cool.
2. Omvana - I'm a huge fan of Mindvally and of Vishen Lakhiani. This is his free meditation app. There are paying options available but a lot of free meditations from all different teachers. There is a large category list to choose from including free ambient tracks and free vocal tracks. It also has a list of the top paid tracks and free tracks. Vishen Lakhiani's 6 Phase Meditation is one of the top free tracks and I highly recommend it.
I think this app is really easy to use and has so many different options. This is appealing because not everyone finds it easy to meditate or likes the same style. You are sure to find something here that you can work with.
3. Commit To 3 - I love this one because it works very well with my morning routine. When I journal I always state what my 3 big goals for the day are, the ones I have to get done. I write them down in my journal but I do not carry my journal with me throughout the day. This app allows you very simply to add you three goals, set reminders, and check off the goals as you go along. We all know how good it feels to check off those boxes, and yes there are boxes! This app also has a counter on the app icon to tell you how many of those goals you crossed off your to-do list.
4. Moment - This is a new one for me but I think it's a life-changing idea. This app tracks how much you use your phone and tablet. Once you sign up (free) It will automatically start. It keeps track of the apps you use the most on your phone. It also logs how many times you pick up your phone, this one is a rude awakening! You can also use the app with your family and set no phone/tech times, like dinnertime for example. A warning though, your family can track you also so it goes both ways. With some of the paid features, you can coach yourself to use your phone less if that is what is important to you. Awareness of your actions is always important. If someone tells you're on your phone too much, then you most likely are and it could affect your relationships. I'm definitely not saying cell phones are bad. I think they can be a powerful tool. Just keep your usage in check. I know this one doesn't sound as much fun, but it is definitely a positive force!
5. Finding Vegan - Now I know that everyone is not vegan but this app is great for most people. Even if you're just striving for some meatless Mondays or you're new to being vegan or vegetarian, there are some delicious meals on here. When opening up the app you will just see beautiful pictures of food. When you click on the picture it tells you what the dish is and when you click again it goes to the recipe. These are recipes from all different blogs and creators. Very, very rarely will a link not work so I'm assuming they take good care to make sure you will get the recipe that you want. Sometimes you might find a new blog you might want to follow. This is a great app for kids especially if you're trying to teach them about real whole food and home cooking. Open the app and have them pick the picture, go shopping together and create the meal together. When a child of any age is involved in the decision making and the creation of the meal they will eat it!
I hope you have fun checking some of these apps out, I find them very beneficial. Let me know what you think!
Take Care Of You